Central Bank of Ireland publishes Intermediary Times November 2021 IssueNovember 2021
In this latest edition the Central Bank of Ireland covers many items:
- New Central Bank of Ireland (Central Bank) Strategy;
- Information on the 2021 Annual Roadshow – 24th of November 2021;
- The Importance of a Consumer-Focused Culture;
- Errors & Complaints – Minimum requirements for firms;
- Differential Pricing & Business Interruption;
- Telematics in the Private Motor Insurance Sector;
- Retail Investor Protections in the EU Bank Recovery and Resolution Framework;
- Funding Levies 2020;
- Anti-Money Laundering;
- Ransomware Attacks; and
- An update on the CBI portal for intermediaries.
It is the 2nd edition of the Intermediary Times published this year and gave an indication that error reporting will feature in the CBI agenda next year: “Owing to the limited number of errors being reported by the Retail Intermediaries sector to the Bank in recent years, we are planning to undertake supervisory work in this area in 2022, to ensure firms are handling and reporting on errors in line with the Code requirements.”
It is an essential read for all intermediaries and has a reminders section on page 19 of upcoming matters.
By: Eilish Larkin - Regulatory Consultant